The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is a modern integrated library service combining traditional print (books and magazines etc.) and IT-based resources.
There are study zones for class-based work with computers, study tables and areas for individual study. The LRC is staffed by a professional librarian and LRC Assistants who can support your studies.
The LRC is situated on the first floor of the campus above Learner Services.
During term time the LRC is open:
- 9am to 7pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- 9am and 4pm Wednesday and Friday.
Please note we are closed during the holidays.
- There are 60 networked computers in the LRC, plus 12 wireless laptops available to use. There is one accessible computer workstation and a variety of specialist software.
- There are print, photocopy and scan facilities in black, white and colour. All students are given a print credit allowance which can be topped up.
- Magazines and newspapers are provided to support studying, many of these have online access via Moodle and the College VLE.
- Then of course there are the books, videos and DVDs, just over 12,000 at the last count. Every subject has some books to help with coursework.
- Our fiction stock covers horror, science fiction and fantasty, historical novels, romance and classics. We have quick reads and guided readers to encourage reading for pleasure.
- There are Book Stops in the street - just pick up a book to read, return it or pass it on to a friend.
- The LRC also manages the HE study zone which provides HE students with an informal seating area and two study rooms for quiet study with IT resources in each. Students are able to book these study rooms via the LRC.
We currently subscribe to several online resources and a selection of e-books availble via Moodle. Students at Newbury College have access to these resources, and to the LRC catalogue, via Moodle at home.
Print Room Services
This facility provides a range of equipment hire, including laptops, digital cameras and voice recorders, to help you in your studies. As a student, you also have access to professional print room services including booklet making, comb binding, laminating and banner printing, as well as printing and photocopying services. Click here for more information.