This qualification is designed for a wide range of students who wish to gain an understanding of the care and management of diabetes, and is ideal for those working or intending to work in healthcare or social care. The course maybe of interest to individuals with diabetes.
This qualification aims to:
- provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
- develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
- develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- develop understanding of on-going care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes, students are required to successfully complete four mandatory units.
This qualification consists of four mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand diabetes
- Unit 02 Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Unit 03 Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Unit 04 Understand the treatment and management of diabetes
The course will take up to 25 weeks to complete and is available throughout the year enabling students to choose when they wish to study. Students are supported by a personal tutor on a one-to-one basis throughout their course.
Students must be aged 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for the last three years. A basic level of numeracy and literacy is required.
Ages 24+: Our L2 Distance Learning qualifications are free to EU/UK Nationals regardless of previous qualifications.
Ages 19 to 23 are eligible for free courses if they have already achieved a full L2 qualification or equivalent. Please contact us for clarification.
Ages 19 to 23 who have not already achieved a full L2 qualification may be subject to costs. Please contact us for clarification.
Basic computer skills to operate the Online Learning Platform.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
Assessment is through successful completion of the end-of-module assessments. These assessments are tutor marked, internally moderated and then moderated by the awarding body.
Study will be home-based and at the student's discretion within the timeframe stipulated by tutor.
Students do not have to be in current work in this sector.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care, NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health, NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Prevention and Control of Infection.
Fees and Additional Costs
Our Level 2 Distance Learning courses are available for FREE to UK/EU nationals aged 19 and over.