This qualification is designed for a wide range of students who wish to gain an understanding of end-of-life care. This course has relevance to all types of care settings, including hospices, care homes, care in the community and primary care.
This qualification aims to develop the student's knowledge and understanding of:
- how to work in end of life care
- the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- how dementia impacts on end of life care
- the role of the care worker in time of death
- the loss and grief process.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care, students are required to successfully complete all six mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand how to work in end of life care (three credits)*
- Unit 02 Care planning in end of life care (two credits)
- Unit 03 Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort (three credits)
- Unit 04 End of life care and dementia (two credits)*
- Unit 05 Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death (three credits)*
- Unit 06 Understand loss and grief in end of life care (three credits)
The course will take up to 25 weeks to complete and is available throughout the year enabling students to choose when they wish to study. Students are supported by a personal tutor on a one-to-one basis throughout their course.
You will be issued with an Induction Workbook during your first discussion with your tutor; this workbook will determine whether you are suitable for the course. Students must be aged 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for the last three years. A basic level of numeracy and literacy is required.
Ages 24+: Our L2 Distance Learning qualifications are free to EU/UK Nationals regardless of previous qualifications.
Ages 19 to 23 are eligible for free courses if they have already achieved a full L2 qualification or equivalent. Please contact us for clarification.
Ages 19 to 23 who have not already achieved a full L2 qualification may be subject to costs. Please contact us for clarification.
Basic computer skills to operate the Online Learning Platform.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care
Assessment is through successful completion of the end-of-module assessments. These assessments are tutor marked, internally moderated and then moderated by the awarding body.
Study will be home-based and at the student's discretion within the timeframe stipulated by tutor.
Students do not have to be in current work in this sector.
NCFE Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
Fees and Additional Costs
Our Level 2 Distance Learning courses are available for FREE to UK/EU nationals aged 19 and over.