This qualification provides the underpinning knowledge required by those working in a range of customer service roles. Learn how to carry out tasks such as managing information and supporting events.
The objectives of this qualification are to help students to:
- develop essential knowledge of how to carry out customer service tasks, such as how to manage information and supporting events
- know how to apply their knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service students are required to successfully complete three mandatory units and four optional units.
Three mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Principles of customer service and delivery
- Unit 02 Understand customers
- Unit 03 Understand employer organisations
Ten optional units include:
- Unit 04 Understand how to communicate with customers
- Unit 05 Understand how to communicate with customers using the telephone
- Unit 06 Understand how to handle customer information
- Unit 07 Understand how to deliver customer service online
- Unit 08 Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers
- Unit 09 Understand how to handle objections, promote additional products or services and close sales
- Unit 10 Understand how to develop customer relationships
- Unit 11 Understand how to process sales orders and provide post transaction customer service
- Unit 12 Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Unit 13 Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
The course will take up to 25 weeks to complete and is available throughout the year enabling students to choose when they wish to study. Students are supported by a personal tutor on a one-to-one basis throughout their course.
You will be issued with an Induction Workbook during your first discussion with your tutor; this workbook will determine whether you are suitable for the course. Students are aged 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for the last three years. A basic level of numeracy and literacy is required.
Ages 24+: Our L2 Distance Learning qualifications are free to EU/UK Nationals regardless of previous qualifications.
Ages 19 to 23 are eligible for free courses if they have already achieved a full L2 qualification or equivalent. Please contact us for clarification.
Ages 19 to 23 who have not already achieved a full L2 qualification may be subject to costs. Please contact us for clarification.
Basic computer skills to operate the Online Learning Platform.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
Assessment are through successful completion of the end-of-module assessments. These assessments are tutor marked, internally moderated and then moderated by the awarding body.
Study will be home-based and at the student's discretion within the timeframe stipulated by tutor.
Students do not have to be in current work in this sector.
NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service.
Fees and Additional Costs
Our Level 2 Distance Learning courses are available for FREE to UK/EU nationals aged 19 and over.