This qualification is suitable for people of all ages, including those in or seeking employment. It is also ideal for those who need to develop an awareness of issues relating to equality and diversity.
These qualifications aim to:
- introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace
- highlight how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals
- outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination
- allow the learner to examine rights and responsibilities
- stress the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others
- provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
The objectives of these qualifications are to help students to:
- raise their awareness of the issues surrounding equality and diversity
- apply this awareness through their actions in society, community and the workplace.
The qualification consists of three units:
Unit 01 Equality and diversity in society (six credits)
Unit 02 Equality and diversity in the community (six credits)
Unit 03 Equality and diversity in the workplace (six credits)
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Award in Equality and Diversity, students are required to successfully complete one mandatory unit: Unit 01 Equality and diversity in society.
The course will take up to 25 weeks to complete and is available throughout the year enabling students to choose when they wish to study. Students are supported by a personal tutor on a one-to-one basis throughout their course.
You will be issued with an Induction Workbook during your first discussion with your tutor; this workbook will determine whether you are suitable for the course. Students are aged 19+ and have lived in the UK/EU for the last three years. A basic level of numeracy and literacy is required.
Ages 24+: Our L2 Distance Learning qualifications are free to EU/UK Nationals regardless of previous qualifications.
Ages 19 to 23 are eligible for free courses if they have already achieved a full L2 qualification or equivalent. Please contact us for clarification.
Ages 19 to 23 who have not already achieved a full L2 qualification may be subject to costs. Please contact us for clarification.
Basic computer skills to operate the Online Learning Platform.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Assessment is through successful completion of the end-of-module assessments. These assessments are tutor marked, internally moderated and then moderated by the awarding body.
Study will be home-based and at the student's discretion within the timeframe stipulated by tutor.
Students do not have to be in current work in this sector.
By undertaking this course, candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects.
Fees and Additional Costs
Our Level 2 Distance Learning courses are available for FREE to UK/EU nationals aged 19 and over.