Conflict is often seen as a negative fight or struggle that many choose to avoid, however the cause is often a difference of opinion that can be resolved. If managed in a constructive way, addressing conflict can form the foundations for a stronger, more effective working relationship with others. Emotional Intelligence plays a key role in managing conflict positively and the effectiveness of an organisation's productivity. Successful teams need to be able to communicate well with each other and work professionally with difficult people or situations whilst maintaining their own motivation.
Delegates will develop an understanding of the factors that contribute to conflict and how emotional intelligence can give you the tools to respond to conflict appropriately in the workplace for a positive outcome.
- Causes of conflict and the impact of individual perceptions creating misunderstanding
- Responses to conflict and the benefits of positive outcomes
- Listening and questioning skills to explore the reasons behind conflict, to improve delegates ability to find solutions and negotiate options
- Emotional Intelligence and how it can improve the management of conflict through communication, assertiveness, motivation and empathy with others
As a result of attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the key causes of conflict
- Describe how well-handled conflict can contribute to team development and improved productivity
- Identify your personal reaction to conflict and how you can tailor your approach for improved outcomes
- Understand the key competencies of Emotional Intelligent behaviour
- Develop a better understanding of the factors that contribute to conflict and the skills to respond in the most appropriate way to enable a positive outcome
There are no formal entry requirements of this course.
This course is designed for managers, team leaders and individuals who feel challenged by conflict and would like to develop techniques to handle these situations more confidently and effectively.
A certificate of attendance is awarded.
This is a non-accredited short course. Delegates will be able to self-assess their own achievement through their ability to carry out the skills they learn during the course.
This is a one-day course and no home study will be required. Delegates are however encouraged to continue practicing the skills they learn and put them into practice.
Work placement is not included on this programme.
Additional Management courses offered: - People Management - New to Management - Managing Difficult People and Challenging Situations - Building High Performance Teams Through Coaching - Delivering Motivational Appraisals - Developing Leadership and Management Skills for the 21st Century - Building Better Relationships Through Assertiveness - Managing Conflict Through Building Emotional Intelligence - Time Management - Communicating for Influence using NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) - Presentation Skills - Delivering Excellence in Customer Service
Fees and Additional Costs
There are no additional costs associated with this course.
This course is designed for managers, team leaders and individuals who feel challenged by conflict and would like to develop techniques to handle these situations more confidently and effectively. This course will provide knowledge base and activities, plus action planning for using new skills.