This workshop is designed to enable delegates to develop an understanding of the different types of behaviour, identify alternative options and make informed choices about how to respond to difficult situations. Assertive behaviour is a considered response to a situation which leaves both parties feeling respected and valued, forming the foundations for building effective relationships.
- Understanding the different types of behaviour
- Clarity on what assertiveness is and is not
- The Assertiveness Framework and its application
- Developing listening and questioning skills
- Learning through case studies to deal with criticism and saying 'no'
- The course will introduce you to tools and techniques to help improve relationships with others through assertive behaviour
- Understand the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour and how they impact on relationships and results
- Learn the assertiveness framework and how to use it
- Choose body language and tone to complement and support their message
- Learn to say 'no' without jeopardising relationships or results
- Identify strategies for handling criticism and dealing with conflict constructively
There are no formal entry requirements of this course.
This course is designed for individuals seeking to build better relationships in the workplace through enhancing their assertiveness skills.
A certificate of attendance is awarded.
This is a non-accredited short course. Delegates will be able to self-assess their own achievement through their ability to carry out the skills they learn during the course.
This is a one-day course and no home study will be required. Delegates are however encouraged to continue practicing the skills they learn and put them into practice.
Work placement is not included on this programme.
Additional Management courses offered: - People Management - New to Management - Managing Difficult People and Challenging Situations - Building High Performance Teams Through Coaching - Delivering Motivational Appraisals - Developing Leadership and Management Skills for the 21st Century - Building Better Relationships Through Assertiveness - Managing Conflict Through Building Emotional Intelligence - Time Management - Communicating for Influence using NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) - Presentation Skills - Delivering Excellence in Customer Service
Fees and Additional Costs
There are no additional costs associated with this course.
This a practical and knowledge-based workshop, involving participation, working in small groups, case studies and activities to support the application of new skills in the workplace.