People management is, at the same time, the most challenging and the most rewarding of all management functions. It is inherent in everything a manager does - every day. If management is "getting things done through other people" then gaining your team's co-operation, commitment and loyalty is key to your success.
This course will introduce delegates to the nature of the manager's role, identifying people's similarities and differences and will look at how to get the best from your team.
Delegates will develop an understanding of the nature of people management. Its complexities and challenges and will learn key techniques and tools to help manage people successfully. The course will break down the role of the manager to examine how to get the best out of people, communication skills and delegation.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the complex role of the manager
- Assess the role of people management within a manager's role
- Identify ways to motivate individual employees and ensure their jobs are fulfilling
- Analyse the effectiveness of different communication techniques
- Evaluate which tasks can be delegated and to whom
There are no formal entry requirements of this course.
This course is designed for those who want to develop an understanding of the nature of people management, it