Discover how to make your own beautiful organic, scented soaps, using all natural ingredients.
This one day workshop is aimed at completed beginners and will cover the following:
- An introduction to the art of soap making
- An introduction to the melt and pour process
- An introduction to soap making tools
- Design and create your very own soap, using only organic and natural ingredients
Once students have designed their soaps they will:
- Add their chosen colours, which can be mixed, marbled or layered
- Add their chosen essential oils
- Add any desired herbs for dermatological properties or dried flowers
- Pour into chosen soap moulds or cut soaps into desired shapes.
Students should be able to make around five soaps each, time depending.
The day will finish with learning how to package soap in sustainable gift wrap, for those wishing to create soaps as gifts.
All ingredients used are 100% vegan and cruelty free.
*PLEASE NOTE - The running of this course is subject to receiving sufficient enrolment numbers. Newbury College reserve the right to close, cancel or postpone a course if it has not received the minimum required enrolment number by the scheduled start date. In the case of cancellation, enrolled learners will be notifiedapproximately one week prior to the start of the course.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
There are no specific skills required for this course.
This course does not lead to a formal qualification.
Assessment is informal and will include group discussion, tutor observation, peer and self-assessment.
This is a one-day course; therefore, no homework will be set.
Students do not need to be in relevant work to undertake this course.
Fees and Additional Costs
The price below includes an additional £5 materials fee, which covers the cost of materials used during the session.