Apprentices Blaze a Trail at Newbury College Apprenticeship AwardsTuesday, 12 March 2019 14:23
Newbury College held its annual Apprenticeship Awards as part of National Apprenticeship Week on Thursday 07 March. Organised to coincide with National Apprenticeship Week (NAW), apprentices, employers and College staff came together to recognise the achievements, hard work and commitment of all those involved with its apprenticeship programme.
Host for the evening was Principal and Chief Executive, Iain Wolloff. “The awards ceremony is an opportunity to promote the value of apprenticeships as a fantastic route into many different careers,” explains Iain. “The variety of employers who attended the event demonstrates that apprenticeships provide a great way for businesses to nurture talent”.
The award winners on the night were:
- Best Apprentice in a Small Business – Jake Monger, Harveys Insolvency Service Ltd
- Best Apprentice in a Medium Business – Chloe Bowley, ESA Serviced Apartments Ltd
- Best Apprentice in a Large Business – Emily Swatton, UKAEA
- Best Assessor – Yvonne Pomeroy, Newbury College
- Best Workplace Mentor – Sarah Arnold, Strawberry Hill Medical Centre
- The Nick Carter Award for Outstanding Contribution – Chris Marrs, Xtrac
- Apprenticeship Development Award – Cliff Newcomb, Newbury College
Chloe Bowley, winner of Best Apprentice in a Medium Business, said: “I’m honoured to receive the award. It was not expected, but I couldn’t be happier that I was chosen. All the hard work I’ve put in is finally starting to pay off and it feels surreal that I’m weeks away from being signed off my apprenticeship completely, after a truly challenging 16 months.
“I couldn’t have done it without my work colleagues or my assessor, Yvonne. They have been a massive support for me and for that I’ll be forever grateful. I’m looking forward to signing a brand-new shiny contract (with esa), making many more memories!”
Newbury College holds monthly Apprenticeship Information Sessions, where candidates can find out more about the apprenticeship vacancies on offer. For organisations looking to take on an apprentice, the College has a long history of helping businesses run successful apprenticeship programmes. Read one of our case studies at www.newbury-college.ac.uk/apprenticeships or contact our Business Team on 01635 845229.