Working with Businesses
Newbury College is skilled in developing training packages specifically for individual companies. We offer a full training needs analysis at your work place to establish your specific requirements. Then on-site training can be delivered at your premises, at timings to suit the needs of your business.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Apprenticeships offer a robust approach to work-based learning by ensuring that learners acquire practical skills, experience and knowledge to meet organisational needs now and in the future, through offering both on- and off-the-job learning which leads to a nationally recognised qualification.
A Traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an Apprenticeship.
Courses and Training Programmes
Legal Compliance and Management Workshops
In today's workplace, there are some training courses that employers are legally obliged to ensure their staff undertake. Newbury College works in partnership with the awarding bodies 'First Aid International' (FAI) and 'Chartered Institute of Environmental Health' (CIEH) to offer a comprehensive legal compliance training programme.
We also specialise in providing skills training solutions to businesses through our open and bespoke Management Workshop programmes.
We appreciate that training requirements are unique to each organisation and, as an alternative, we also offer on-site training delivered at your premises, to suit the needs of your business.
Our experienced team can analyse your skills and training requirements and create a training package which directly meets your needs.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (3 Day)
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Discover Your Leadership Strengths
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Managing Difficult People and Challenging Situations
- Paediatric First Aid (2 day)
- People Management - New to Management
- Portable Appliance Testing - PAT (3 day)
- Time Management
There are a range of professionally accredited courses available through Newbury College in the following subject areas for those wishing to gain a recognised qualification to progress their career. Training is delivered through attendance and work-based learning, depending on the qualification.
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
- Accounting AAT Level 3 Diploma
- Accounting AAT Level 4 Diploma
- Book Keeping City and Guilds Award Level 2
- Book Keeping City and Guilds Level 1 Award
- Book Keeping City and Guilds Level 3 Award
- Business Administration Level 3 Certificate
- Business Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Business, Administration and Retail Level 2
- Equality and Diversity Level 2 Certificate
- Human Resource Practice CIPD Level 3 Certificate
- ILM Level 3 Principles of Leadership and Management
- Information, Advice or Guidance Level 2 Certificate
- Lean Organisational Techniques Level 2 Certificate
- Principles in Marketing Level 3 Certificate
- Principles of Business Administration Level 2 Certificate
- Principles of Customer Service Level 2 Certificate
- Principles of Customer Service Level 3 Certificate
- Team Leading Level 2 Certificate
- Vocational Studies Certificate
IT Skills and Training
We offer a range of flexible IT training solutions to fit your requirements. Many training programmes have flexible start dates so you can enrol any time throughout the year.
We also offer a range of short, business focused IT courses from Social Media to Web Design.
- Computing & Systems Development Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Holiday Programme: Minecraft Workshop
- IT for Absolute Beginners
- IT for Beginners
- IT Professional Level 2 Apprenticeship
- IT Professional Level 3 Apprenticeship
- IT Programming and Computer Systems Level 2
- Microsoft Excel (Bite Size)
- Microsoft Office for Beginners
- Microsoft Office for Improvers
- Web Design for Beginners
- Windows 10 (Bite Size)
Customised Delivery from £1,250
In addition to the open short course programmes, we can deliver workshops covering a range of 30+ topics at your offices, customised to meet your requirements. This offers exceptional value with low cost per delegate.
We are happy to discuss your organisations training and development goals.
Please call us on 01635 845229 to discuss your requirements.
"The great variety of one-day courses offered by Newbury College are perfect for our needs as they cover such a wide range of subjects. They are professionally delivered by talented trainers who are able to get the best from our delegates who, without exception, all return with increased knowledge and enthusiasm."Dorcas Green
Training and Development Manager
For more information on the high quality Business Training Programmes available through Newbury College, please contact us.