Training for business
Newbury College believes that training investment should result in sustainable long-term change. We understand that no two organisations are the same and therefore one solution will not 'fit all' requirements.
We have a reputation for designing and delivering tailored business management programmes including blended learning, action planning and coaching. The team works to understand an organisation’s culture and values and analyses the skills and training requirements required to develop employees now and for the future.
The team provides support throughout the process and different training packages to suit all budgets. They can build in learning assessments and ways in which to monitor return on investment.
The result? Businesses develop high performing teams with embedded organisational values and priorities.
Apprenticeships offer a robust approach to work-based learning by ensuring that learners acquire practical skills, experience and knowledge to meet organisational needs now and in the future, through offering both on- and off-the-job training which leads to a nationally-recognised qualification.
Courses and training programmes
Legal Compliance and Management Workshops
In today's workplace, there are some training courses that employers are legally obliged to ensure their staff undertake. Newbury College works in partnership with the awarding bodies 'First Aid International' (FAI) and 'Chartered Institute of Environmental Health' (CIEH) to offer a comprehensive legal compliance training programme.
We also specialise in providing skills training solutions to businesses through our open and bespoke Management Workshop programmes.
We appreciate that training requirements are unique to each organisation and, as an alternative, we also offer on-site training delivered at your premises, to suit the needs of your business. Read how this approach worked for Happy Kids Pre-school in Newbury for its paediatric first aid training.
Our experienced team can analyse your skills and training requirements, and create a training package which directly meets your needs.
In addition to the open short-course programmes, we can deliver workshops covering a range of 30+ topics at your offices, customised to meet your requirements. This offers exceptional value with a low cost per delegate.
We are happy to discuss your organisation's training and development goals.
Please call us on 01635 845000 to discuss your requirements.
There are a range of professionally accredited courses available through Newbury College in the following subject areas for those wishing to gain a recognised qualification to progress their career. Training is delivered through attendance and work-based learning, depending on the qualification.
- Accounting AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate
- Accounting AAT Level 3 Diploma
- Accounting AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma
- Accounting Level 2 Foundation Certificate
- Book keeping Level 2 Award
- Bookkeeping Level 1 Award
- Business - Equality and Diversity Level 2 Certificate
- Business - Information, Advice or Guidance Level 2 Certificate
- Business - Principles of Business Administration Level 2 Certificate
- Business - Principles of Customer Service Level 2 Certificate
- Business - Principles of Customer Service Level 3
- Business - Principles of Leadership and Management Level 3
- Business - Team Leading Level 2 Certificate
- Business Level 2 Certificate
- First Line Management Level 3 Award
- First Line Management Level 3 Certificate
- Human Resource Practice CIPD Level 3 Certificate
- Mentoring and Coaching Level 3 Award
- Mentoring and Coaching Level 3 Certificate
- Principles of Management and Leadership Level 3 Award
- Principles of Management and Leadership Level 3 Certificate
- Team Leading Level 2 Award
- Team Leading Level 2 Certificate
IT skills and training
We offer a range of flexible IT training solutions to fit your requirements. Many training programmes have flexible start dates so you can enrol any time throughout the year.
We also offer a range of short, business-focused IT courses from Social Media to Web Design.
- Bite Size: Social Media for Business (Part Two)
- Computing Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Creative Digital Media Production Level 3 Foundation and Extended Diploma
- Information and Creative Technology Level 2 Certificate
- Microsoft Excel for Beginners
- Microsoft Office: An Introduction to Office 365
- Microsoft Office: An Introduction to Word
- Microsoft Office: Excel for Professionals
- Microsoft Office: Word for Professionals
- Music Technology Level 2 Award
- Music Technology Level 3 Subsidiary and Extended Diploma
Case studies and testimonials
"Walker Logistics has found the work done in conjunction with Newbury College to be invaluable in understanding how staff feel and think while at work, both positive and negative, which has allowed us to work together to enhance what we provide as a company throughout the business at all levels to ensure motivation and satisfaction is as high as possible. Newbury College has been fantastic every step of the way from planning, consulting and most importantly forming conclusions and assisting putting the necessary changes in place. A big thank you from the Walkers team!"William Walker, Sales Director, Walker Logistics Ltd
"Using Newbury College for our Food Safety & First Aid training is not only convenient but cost effective too. Having their trainers visit our site to conduct the courses allows for us bring our staff together and learn in a familiar environment from professional, engaging and knowledgeable trainers. We chose Newbury college on a recommendation and now I’m happy to recommend them to provide your training needs!"Daniel Carr, Public Relations Manager, Warings Bakery