Painting & Decoration Cskills Diploma Level 1
OverviewThe Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating is designed to prepare learners to enter theindustry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a trainingenvironment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on the learner demonstratingtheir knowledge and skills through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification. At the end of the course you will be able to move to Level 2 or an Apprenticeship.Note: This course starts Jan 2013 Note: This course runs from Jan 2013 for 1 year This course is delivered in 14.5 hours per week. This course is eligible for SFA or EFA funding support.
You will learn about the techniques used in painting and decorating and be able to demonstrate a competence in basic painting and decorating. The course will cover a total of 16 mandatory units.
1. Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
2. Carry out safe working practices in construction
3. Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
4. Information, quantities and communicating with others
5. Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
6. Building methods and construction technology
7. Know how to erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
8. Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
9. Know how to prepare surfaces for decoration
10. Prepare surfaces for decoration
11. Know how to apply paint systems by brush and rollers
12. Apply paint systems by brush and roller
13. Know how to apply foundation and plain papers
14. Apply foundation and plain papers
15. Know how to produce specialist decorative finishes
16. Produce specialist decorative finishes
ProgressionAfter completing your level 1 course you will be able to continue to level 2 painting and decorating, or apply for an apprenticeship in painting and decorating.
AssessmentThe qualification comprises: mandatory units synoptic practical assignment multiple choice unit end tests online testing of knowledge GOLA.All the units of training must be completed by each learner and all outcomes must be achieved during the training programme. Learners must also successfully complete the synoptic practical assignment, multiple choice unit tests and the GOLA online test.
Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements for the Diploma. However, providers must ensure thatlearners have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification. As a college we do prefer students to have four GCSE'S at E or above, including Maths and English.
QualificationsDiploma in Painting and Decorating Level 1 (cskills)
Home StudyAll of the work is normally carried out during term time. However, home work will be expected when multiple choice and online testing of knowledge is required.
Work PlacementWork experience may be offered to you while on the course
Additional CostsYou will require to have overalls and steel toe capped boots
|Code||Location||Start||End||Times||Day||Duration||Cost (Year 1)|
|CM0122 121301||Newbury College||07/01/2013||19/12/2013||34 Weeks||£730.00|