Wildlife in Mixed Media
OverviewThis course is packed full of useful tips, techniques and guidance to help learners create beautiful wildlife portraits in a variety of different mediums. Suitable for learners of all abilities. Learners will need to bring the following to the session; (Learners may have their own preference of media but can learn from those mediums used in demonstrations during lesson- this may affect which of the mediums are required):- Acrylics, Blendable pencils, Watercolour Pad 140lb, Watercolour paints, Brushes size 5-8 (preferably with a good point), pencil, putty rubber, oil pastels, low odour spirit, watercolour pencils, Stanley or scalpel blade. Optional: Masking fluid, making tape.
This course will cover the following;
- Samples of various wildlife subjects in pencil concentrating on skin fur and feather textures
- Building up layers of colour in watercolours.
- Using the brush in different ways to create textures
- Using mixed media to assist watercolour texture
- Knowing when to stop painting
- Working on backgrounds thinking of correct scale of foliage to the animal/ bird.
By the end of the course learners will be able to;
- Adapt a style of texture to suit a particular creature
- Give an interesting background to wildlife
- Be imaginative in personal design and style
- Understand wildlife and their environment.
*PLEASE NOTE- The running of this course is subject to receiving sufficient enrolment numbers. Newbury College reserve the right to close, cancel or postpone a course if it has not received the minimum required enrolment number by the scheduled start date. In the case of cancellation, enrolled learners will be notified 3 days prior to the start of the course and are entitled to claim for a full refund of their course fees.
ProgressionLearners can progress onto longer art/ watercolour courses at Newbury College; the tutor will be able to give advice on the correct path of progression for the individual.
AssessmentLearners will be assessed through informal and formal assessment methods, including tutor observation, one-to-one feedback and group/ peer feedback and review.
Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements for this course.
QualificationsThis course does not lead to a formal qualification.
Work PlacementLearners do not need to be in relevant work to undertake this course.
Additional CostsLearners will be expected to provide their own art materials.
|Code||Location||Start||End||Times||Day||Duration||Cost (Year 1)|
|97363 121301||Newbury College||23/03/2013||23/03/2013||10:00 to 15:00||Saturday||1 Days||£26.50|